2. Foundations: This Is Your Brain
Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 110)
This lecture introduces students to two broad theories of how the mind relates to the body. Dualism is the ubiquitous and intuitive feeling that our conscious mind is separate from our physical bodies, whereas Materialism is the idea that all of our mental states are caused by physical states of the brain. This lecture reviews arguments explaining why materialism has become the predominant theory of mind in psychology. This discussion is followed by a basic overview of the neurophysiology of the brain.
- Chapter 1. The Brain, the Mind and Dualism
- Chapter 2. Scientific Consensus Against Dualism
- Chapter 3. The Neuron: The Basic Building Blocks of Thought
- Chapter 4. The Different Parts of the Brain
- Chapter 5. Mechanist Conception and the Hard Problem of Consciousness
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Spring 2007.
it makes me laugh...
omg..... this soooo immature perverts get a life this really help for *** bags sooo listen guys who are re***ed.
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.