1. Course introduction
Death (PHIL 176)
Professor Kagan introduces the course and the material that will be covered during the semester. He aims to clarify what the class will focus on in particular and which subjects it will steer away from. The emphasis will be placed on philosophical questions that arise when one contemplates the nature of death. The first half of the course will address metaphysical questions while the second half will focus on value theory.
- Chapter 1. What This Class Is NOT, and What This Class Is
- Chapter 2. Common Views on Death Are Wrong: How This Class Is Taught
- Chapter 3. Course Requirements, Materials, and Format
- Chapter 4. On Grading Thoughts on Death
- Chapter 5. Student Evaluations and Invitation
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Spring 2007.
congrats on the new adventure!!
such icons, many pattern, so bold
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.