4. Philosophers and Kings: Plato's Republic, I-II
Introduction to Political Philosophy (PLSC 114)
Lecture 4 introduces Plato's Republic and its many meanings in the context of moral psychology, justice, the power of poetry and myth, and metaphysics. The Republic is also discussed as a utopia, presenting an extreme vision of a polis--Kallipolis--Plato's ideal city.
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. What Is Plato's "Republic" About?
- Chapter 3. I Went Down to the Piraeus
- Chapter 4. The Seventh Letter
- Chapter 5. Analyzing the Beginning of "Republic" and the Hierarchy of Characters
- Chapter 6. Cephalus
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website:
This course was recorded in Fall 2006.
engaging work you have here.
strong. so delightful.
you ***ing fail, ***.
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.