16. A Person in the World of People: Self and Other, Part I
Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 110)
This is the first of two lectures on social psychology, the study of how we think about ourselves, other people, and social groups. Students will hear about the famous "six degrees of separation" phenomenon and how it illuminates important individual differences in social connectedness. This lecture also reviews a number of important biases that greatly influence how we think of ourselves as well as other people.
- Chapter 1. Social Psychology and Connections Between People
- Chapter 2. Aspects of the Self: The Spotlight and Transparency Effects
- Chapter 3. Aspects of the Self: You're Terrific!
- Chapter 4. Aspects of the Self: Cognitive Dissonance
- Chapter 5. Self and the Other
- Chapter 6. How We Think About Other People
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Spring 2007.
lines, typography, shot, job – splendid :)
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.