5. What Is It Like to Be a Baby: The Development of Thought
Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 110)
This lecture explores issues and ideas related to the branch of psychology known as cognitive development. It begins with an introduction of Piaget who, interested in the emergence of knowledge in general, studied children and the way they learn about the world in order to formulate his theories of cognitive development. This is followed by an introduction to the modern science of infant cognition. Finally, the question of the relationship between and the existence of different kinds of development is addressed.
- Chapter 1. Jean Piaget, Stage Theory and Its Limits
- Chapter 2. The Modern Science of Infant Cognition
- Chapter 3. Babies in the Social World
- Chapter 4. Question and Answer on Learning and Development
- Chapter 5. Review of Studies Presented in Class; Autism
- Chapter 6. Question and Answer on Autism
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Spring 2007.
i think i'm crying. it's that fun.
fab work you have here.
*** my *** flyingturd1234
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.