The Sentence - English Grammar Lesson
Lear English Online. Check out our videos to see How you can learn English Online. This is an easy way to learn English Grammar
SuccessCDs Education ( ) is an online channel focused on providing education through Videos as per CBSE, ICSE and NCERT syllabi upto Class 12 (K-12) for English, Hindi, Science, Social Science, Sanskrit and other subjects.
Also visit our Channel for Entrance Exams in India FAQs & Application Process, GK & Current Affairs, Communication Skills and Self Improvement Videos
Our website ( ) is one of the leading portal on Entrance Exams and
Admissions in India.
"About this Video"
Learn English Grammar with Ranjna Vedhera.
A group of words that makes complete sense, conveys a clear meaning and expresses a complete thought.
food good loves everyone healthy and.
Everyone loves good and healthy food.
We have four types of sentences in English Language.
Types of Sentences
1. Declarative Sentence or Statement
2. Interrogative Sentence
3. Imperative Sentence
4. Exclamatory Sentence
It is a declaration-a simple statement of a fact. It can be negative or positive. It begins with a capital letter and ends with a full stop (.). It is also called an assertive sentence. Examples: I love old songs. I don't like liars.
It begins with a capital letter, ends with a question mark (?) it asks a question.
When are you coming to Delhi?
Why is he so upset?
Am I late?
It expresses commands, orders and requests.
Clean this room fast.
Please help me lift this box.
Move in a line.
It expresses a sudden and strong feeling. It normally begins with words like Alas ! oh ! wow ! Hurray followed by a mark of exclamation.
Wow ! You look so beautiful.
Hurray ! We have won the game.
Alas ! She is no more.
What a fool I am !
Exercises for Practice
Identify the type of Sentence
1. Mother cooks food at home.
2. Virtue has its own reward.
3. Do you believe in God?
4. Oh! I am so sorry.
5. Do as you are told.
6. Please do not leave me alone.
7. Oh! My joy is beyond words.
8. Be quiet and move in a line.
1. Mother cooks food at home.( Declarative )
2. Virtue has its own reward.(Declarative)
3. Do you believe in God?(Interrogative)
4. Oh! I am so sorry.(Exclamatory)
5. Do as you are told.(Imperative)
6. Please do not leave me alone.(Imperative)
7. Oh! My joy is beyond words.(Exclamatory)
8. Be quiet and move in a line.(Imperative)
Rewrite the following as meaningful sentences
EXERCISE - 2
1. I new jeans a pair bought of.
2. spectacles wears he.
3. train getting the closer is.
4. you clean should wear clothes every day.
5. making you why a noise are.
1. I bought a pair of new jeans.
2. He wears spectacles.
3. The train is getting closer.
4. You should wear clean clothes every day.
5. Why are you making a noise?
For more videos on English check out
Also See :
English Grammar Videos from SuccessCDs
English Idioms and Phrases
Parts of Speech - English Grammar Lesson
Learn Hindi Grammar Online CBSE ICSE
such animation, many layout, so delightful
congrats on the new adventure!!
this is *** as *** and fake as ***!!!
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.