Lecture 8. Bass Patterns: Blues and Rock
Listening to Music (MUSI 112)
In this lecture, Professor Wright teaches students how to listen for bass patterns in order to understand harmonic progressions. He talks through numerous musical examples from both popular music and classical music, showing the way that composers from both realms draw on the same chord progressions. The musical examples are taken from Mozart, Beethoven, Rossini, Wagner, Gene Chandler, the Beach Boys, Badly Drawn Boy, the Dave Matthews Band, and Justin Timberlake.
- Chapter 1. Review of Chord Formation
- Chapter 2. Chord Progressions and Harmonic Change
- Chapter 3. Popular and Classical Music Chord Progressions
- Chapter 4. Three-Chord Progressions
- Chapter 5. Four-Chord Progressions
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Fall 2008.
such atmosphere, many type, so sexy
mission accomplished. it's minimal!
*** yourself you glorified piece of *** waste.
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.