3. Foundations: Freud
Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 110)
This lecture introduces students to the theories of Sigmund Freud, including a brief biographical description and his contributions to the field of psychology. The limitations of his theories of psychoanalysis are covered in detail, as well as the ways in which his conception of the unconscious mind still operate in mainstream psychology today.
- Chapter 1. Sigmund Freud in a Historical Context
- Chapter 2. Unconscious Motivation: The Id, Ego and Superego
- Chapter 3. Personality Development and Psychosexual Development
- Chapter 4. Defense Mechanisms, the Aims of Psychoanalysis, Dreams
- Chapter 5. Question and Answer on Freud's Theories
- Chapter 6. Controversies and Criticisms on Freud's Theories
- Chapter 7. Examples of the Unconscious in Modern Psychology
- Chapter 8. Further Question and Answer on Freud
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Spring 2007.
i want to learn this kind of shot! teach me.
my 27 year old daughter rates this shot very fresh, friend.
your mom, however, was good in bed last night.
Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation.